The Six Basic Steps to Forming a Chapter:
- Locate ten or more interested Grant Professionals Association Members (chapter members must also be GPA members).
- Contact your Regional Representative or GPA Headquarters.
- Determine that there are no other existing chapters in your geographic area.
- Call a meeting of interested/prospective members. This step is normally conducted by a GPA Representative. The meeting can be held face-to-face or via electronic means. A sample meeting agenda in Word format is available to assist you. At this meeting a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer is selected. The group also adopts the Chapter Bylaws, select a chapter name and establish a meeting schedule for the next twelve months.
- Submit minutes, Chapter Charter application, and other documents to Headquarters. This step is also completed by a GPA Representative.
- Enjoy the benefits of being a GPA Chapter.
For more information about forming a GPA Chapter, contact the Regional Representative for your area.
Regional Representatives are the liaison between headquarters and potential and existing GPA Chapters within a defined geographic area.
- The Regional Representatives work with Headquarters to ensure chapters have the support and assistance needed to start up, to succeed, and to grow. If you have a regional question that is not related to chapters, please contact Headquarters at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the absence of a Regional Representative, a Regional Representative from a neighboring region; a member of the Chapter Advisory Task Force; a GPA board member; or a staff member may assist in chapter formation or provide technical assistance to chapters.
- GPA will have eight Regional Representatives, one covering each region as designated below.
|Region 1||Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada,|
|Region 5||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts,|
New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
|Representative: Rick Horton, GPC||Representative: Ellen Gugel, GPC|
|Region 2||Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana,|
New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
|Region 6||Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,|
Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia
|Representative: GPA Staff||Representative: Chrissy Demarco, MSM, CFRE|
|Region 3||Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North|
Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
|Region 7||Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi,|
North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
|Representative: Nathan Medina, GPC||Representative: Jodi Pearl, GPC|
|Region 4||Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio||Region 8||Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana,|
Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
|Representative: GPA Staff||Representative: Gayla Rawlinson-Maynard, GPC|
The Regional Representative position is a volunteer position. If you are interested in learning more about the qualifications and expectations of a Regional Representative, please read the Regional Representative Manual (linked below).